Thursday, February 5, 2015

Book Review: Gone Too Far by Natalie D. Richards

* I was given this book as a review ecopy (via NetGalley) in return for my honest opinion. *

  So, I literally just finished this book. It was...amazing. If you've read and loved Six Months Later, also my Natalie D. Richards, then you will also love Gone Too Far It has just as much suspense and thrill as Six Months Later, but it's also a completely different story. Gone Too Far follows Piper, a seventeen-year-old girl who while rushing late to class one morning finds a notebook with a what seems to be a bunch of nonsense, but turns out to be a code of sins that students in her school have committed. She doesn't know what to do with it, but something tells her she needs to keep it. 
     When a classmate turns up dead after her sex tape goes viral at school, Piper receives a text message from an unknown number asking her who she wants to pay for what happened. 
       Needless to say, things go haywire and Piper gets mixed up in some pretty big scandals, because once she sends the first name she just can't seem to stop. I mean, why shouldn't the mean girl with a klepto-hand not have to pay, and what about the Class Genius, who may not actually be a genius but a cheater not have to atone for his sins?

SYNOPSIS:
"Keeping secrets ruined her life. But the truth might just kill her.
         Piper Woods can't wait for the purgatory of senior year to end. She skirts the fringes of high school like a pro until the morning she finds a notebook with mutilated photographs and a list of student sins. She's sure the book is too gruesome to be true, until pretty, popular Stella dies after a sex-tape goes viral. Everyone's sure it's suicide, but Piper remembers Stella's name from the book and begins to suspect something much worse.
       Drowning in secrets she doesn't want to keep, Piper's fears are confirmed when she receives an anonymous text message daring her to make things right. All she needs to do is choose a name, the name of someone who deserves to be punished..." (GoodReads.com)

     This book was more than just the thrill of who was the masked villain and Piper trying not to get caught, but it was also a book about self discovery and of course there was a small romance, too. I don't normally read books like the ones Natalie writes, but there's something about her writing style that's just so witty and it sucks you in. I couldn't put this book down once I started it, but alas a girls gotta sleep, so it took me a little longer than I wanted it to, to finish. Overall, I would give this book 5 stars and will definitely be on the look out for her next book!! 

Thank you to NetGalley and Natalie D. Richards for allowing me to read this book, I truly enjoyed it and can't wait for more!!

If you are curious as to what other books I’ve read, or want to read head on over to my Pinterest page where you can see all of those amazing books! You can also friend me on GoodReads for even more book goodness, and like the HEA…Book Blog Facebook page to keep up to date on book teasers and other blog awesomeness. You can also find me on Tumblr, where I post other blog related items. Check it out!!

Until next time...

Happy Reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget