Monday, February 9, 2015

Book Review: Thoughtful by S.C. Stephens

Thoughtful 
by S.C. Stephens

**I was given an ARC of this book in return for my honest opinion!**

SYNOPSIS

A new novel in the Thoughtless series from #1 New York Timesbestselling author S. C. Stephens! 

Every story has two sides, and in this new book, the epic love story between Kiera and Kellan is shown through his eyes. 

All Kellan Kyle needs is his guitar, and some clean sheets of paper. Growing up in a house that was far from a home, he learned a hard lesson: You're worthless. Now his life is comfortably filled with passionate music, loyal band mates, and fast women...until he meets her. 

Kiera makes him ache for more. Makes him feel for the first time that he'sworth more. But there's one problem - she's his best friend's girl. 

Just when Kellan thought his emotional defenses were rock solid, Kiera's indecisive heart wreaks havoc on his soul, changing him forever. Losing Kiera is not an option.
________

This book is a companion novel to the first book in the series, Thoughtless. It is from Kellan Kyle's perspective and follows almost everything from the first book. Overall, I liked this book, but I did I have a few minor issues with it. Let's just get those out right off the bat. I found this book a little slow. I don't know if it's because I already knew what was going to happen, as I've read Thoughtless, or what. All I know is, is that the first book took me one night to read, and Thoughtful took me a few days. I  also thought that Kiera's character was very hard to understand. She didn't get a clear voice and if someone hadn't read Thoughtless before reading Thoughtful, then they wouldn't really "get" Kiera. So, that being said I definitely would suggest reading them in either order, but definitely finish one up with the other. You'll understand both characters so much more. Those were really my only issues, otherwise I really liked the book. The second perspective was very interesting and it filled in a lot of holes for me. We got to see what happened when he stayed with Evan and Sam and that fateful drunken night is explained! SO EXCITING! My favorite thing about being in Kellan's head, aside from actually being there, was his inner monologue. He would have these wars within himself that were so eye opening and made you understand his and Kiera's situation and why he did some of the things that he did. Kellan's also very funny, S.C. had some very good one liners in this book. There were a few times when I was all out laughing, for example:
"Thank you for ripping my heart out. Thank you for showing me something I can never have. Thank you for looking so beautiful this morning, it makes me want to tear me eyes out..."
We get to see what Kellan's regrets were and how hard this all was one him. It wasn't that he didn't care about Denny and his relationship. He did, but he loved Kiera from that first night. He saw her when her and Denny first arrived at Pete's and immediately felt this connection. He tried to stay away, but fate and desire had other plans.

Overall, I thought this book was very good and I'm so glad that I finally have my questions answered. We've all been waiting for a long time for this book and now it's finally almost here. The official release date is February 24th, 2015 and I would highly suggest all the Kellan Kyle fans and the new readers who are just discovering S.C.'s work to READ THIS BOOK! Now, we just have to wait for Griffin's book, Untamed. Who, I need to add, is also extremely funny in Thoughtful. That guy cracks me up!!  :) :)

If you are curious as to what other books I’ve read, or want to read head on over to my Pinterest page where you can see all of those amazing books! You can also friend me on GoodReads for even more book goodness, and like the HEA…Book Blog Facebook page to keep up to date on book teasers and other blog awesomeness. You can also find me on Tumblr, where I post other blog related items. Check it out!!

Until next time...


Happy Reading!







No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget