Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Book Review: Where the Road Takes Me


****I received an arc of Where the Road Takes Me in return for my honest opinion****

#turnmyworldred

If you think that you know what Where the Road Takes Me is about, then you are so completely and totally wrong!!!

If you’ve read any of Jay’s other books (More than This, More then Her, More than Him, and More than Forever), then you  know how amazing she is. She writes books with so much heart and love and passion. She gives you all the feels and never disappoints. Jay isn’t just an author who writes romance books. She writes hilarious, gut-wrenching, and amazing novels that everyone and their mother should read. I’ve never laughed so much while reading a book than I have while reading hers, especially while readingWTRTM. AHHH, I can’t wait to read more from her in the future. It’s going to me amazing, I already know it!!

Now enough about Jay. She’s amazing, yada, yada, yada. :) Let’s talk about this freaking spectacularly-amazing book.  

Where the Road Takes Me is more than just a new adult/contemporary romance. It’s everything. It’s funny, it’s sweet, and it’s dramatic (in a good way). And it’s all wrapped up into one spectacular gift that Jay McLean has, oh so graciously, given us. I can’t thank her enough for sharing Blake and Chloe’s story with me and the world.

The love that Blake and Chloe have for one another is so special and powerful. Even though they’re young they never let that get in their way. Blake loves Chloe despite her possible future. He loved her before and he’ll love her after. You all are in for a special treat of something so phenomenal and intense. Grab your tissues and hold on tight because this book will take you on a journey that you’ll never want to end. 


THERE MAY BE SPOILERS AHEAD!!! 
YOU’VE BEEN WARNED!!!


It’s safe to say that I loved Where the Road Takes Me. This book had me on my toes from the very start. Although, I didn’t know what to think of Chloe in the beginning. I wasn’t sure if I liked her because she wouldn’t even consider changing her mind about “The Road”. But, as the book progressed, I began to understand Chloe more. I saw the way she viewed her situation and how she didn’t want to bring Blake into that. However, I also agreed with everyone else when they told her it was his decision. The way he lived his life was up to Blake and no one else, not even Chloe. By the end of the book, I really did like Chloe and her relationship with Blake was something special, as well.


I loved Blake Hunter from the beginning. I’ve yet to find a boy that Jay’s written that I haven’t liked, except James (MTT), but that douche-canoe doesn’t deserve a speck of our time or attention. Moving on…Blake was sweet. Blake was super, super, super sweet. And cute, super, super cute. This line proves it all,

I waited until I thought she was far enough away before speaking. “You look nice.”
“You already said that.”
“I did?” She nodded. 
“Maybe you deserve to be told more than once.”  (SWOON!!!)

and!!!

”It was as if she had reached inside of me, taken my heart in her hands, squeezed tight, and made it start beating again. And it did—whenever I was around her, I could feel it thumping, harder, faster. All because of her.”     (THIS IS MY HEART </3)

There isn’t much else to say about my feeling towards Blake Hunter. He’s everything I look for in a book boyfriend and so much more. 

I didn’t know what was going to happen with Chloe and this big secret that she had. I would think one thing and then be like, “Pshh, Jay wouldn’t do that.” *waves hand*. Then another idea would pop into my head and then I would like, “Jay, better NOT do that because then I would ball my eyes out and I don’t want to do that. I did that enough with Forever.”. Of course, Jay had be balling my eyes out. (Whore! ;) ). 

Overall, I liked the ending. I thought it was something that didn’t necessarily need to happen, but it did and I’ve come to terms with it. I still love you Jay, but that was too much. :,) I don’t want to tell you guys too much because it would completely ruin it and that wouldn’t be cool. I mean, RULE #1 is don’t be an asshole, so…go read the book and then you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about. 

Something else that Jay is REALLY good at doing as an author is writing secondary characters. For example, Logan Fucking Matthews and Cameron Aladdin Gordon, Minge and Tristan, need I say more? Where the Road Takes Me was no exception. 

Let’s begin: 

Josh (Blake’s best friend): He’s hilarious and amazing. He was my favorite side character out all of them. He has so much heart and selflessness. I can’t wait for you all to meet him and for his story to be told. 

Sammy: He was the Lachlan of Where the Road Takes Me! Gosh, so cute. :) :) 

Tommy: He’s going to be the Lachlan of book two. CAN’T WAIT!

Celia (Blake’s mom): I was very happy with the way her part in the story progressed as the book went on. I love when those kinds of stories get their happily ever afters. 

Mary & Dean: Who doesn’t love people who want to help kids who need taken care of? No one that’s who. They were the underlying heroes of this book and I loved the role they played. 

Clayton: Clayton, Clayton, Clayton. I can’t talk about you yet.

SPOILER:


My favorite part of this book was when Chloe and Blake would write on magnets and put them in the rooms they stayed in. Here are a few of my favorite quotes that they wrote: 

”Sometimes the wrong path can lead us to the right road. And toward the greatest thing that will ever happen to us.”

Think a little less, live a little more.”

You can run, you can hide, you can choose not to see, but where the road takes you will always lead to me.”

and my personal favorite…

“When life hands you melons, you might be dyslexic.”

END SPOILER!



I highly, highly recommend this book, as well as all of Jay’s books. She’s an amazing person that deserves to have her words be read. I hope you all have many many red-letter days ahead of you and for the love of all that is good, read Where the Road Takes Me. You won’t be disappointed.

If you are curious as to what other books I’ve read, or want to read head on over to my Pinterest page where you can see all of those amazing books! You can also friend me on GoodReads for even more book goodness, and like the HEA…Book Blog Facebook page to keep up to date on book teasers and other blog awesomeness. You can also find me on Tumblr, where I post other blog related items. Check it out!!

Until next time, 

Happy Reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget