Thursday, February 12, 2015

(Quick) Book Review: Love Bites by Rachel K. Burke

***I received a review e-copy of this book via NetGalley in return for my honest opinion***

When I first requested this book, I thought it was something completely different. I thought it was going to be a romance between a girl and her best friend'd boyfriend, and as it was, it was also a story of self discovery and acceptance. It turned out to be a novel about a girl was learning that being alone was okay and that she didn't need a man in her life to be happy. 

SYNOPSIS


What do you do when you fall in love with your best friend’s boyfriend?

That is the question that twenty-six year-old Justine Sterling has been asking herself ever since the day she met David Whitman, her best friend Renee’s boyfriend. Justine is determined to ignore her growing feelings for the irresistibly charming David, until one night, when she finds herself in the bed of the one person she should stay away from.

When Justine and David’s affair ends in heartbreak, Justine is forced to repair the damaged friendship with her best friend. In doing so, she learns that right and wrong decisions aren’t always black and white, and sometimes you have to follow your heart to see where it leads.


This is the first Rachel K. Burke book that I've ever read and I was very impressed. I thought she captured the characters very well and I especially loved the pacing of the book. It wasn't too slow, but it also wasn't too fast. A lot of times that is one of my main issues with books and authors. I feel as they don't spend enough time on one things, but then they spend way too much on another. I thought Rachel had a very nice balance between the past chapters and the present chapters. That was another thing that I loved about this book. She allowed us to see what happened between Justine and David and how their relationship came to be, but then she also gave us the perspective to see what happens after the relationship ended. 

Overall, I very much enjoyed this book. If you like a sort of "Anti-Love" love story, then I would recommend checking out Love Bites by Rachel K. Burke. It's out now and as of today, (02.12.15) it's only 99 pennies on Amazon!!!! One-Click now!! 


If you are curious as to what other books I’ve read, or want to read head on over to my Pinterest page where you can see all of those amazing books! You can also friend me on GoodReads for even more book goodness, and like the HEA…Book Blog Facebook page to keep up to date on book teasers and other blog awesomeness. You can also find me on Tumblr, where I post other blog related items. Check it out!!

Until next time...

Happy Reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget