Saturday, February 14, 2015

Reading this Weekend (02.14&15.15)

For this weekend I've decided to read three books, or at least get a good chunk of them! Two of these are books that I've purchased with my own money, and one of them is a review book I received from NetGalley. Let's hop right in...

The first book I plan on reading is one that I've started already. I mentioned this in my "The Perfect Valentine's Day Date" post yesterday, Kaleidoscope Hearts by Claire Contreras. I'm about 70% done with it and hope to finish it either Saturday or Sunday. Here's the synopsis and the Amazon link, if you want to pick it up yourself.





He was my older brother's best friend. 

He was never supposed to be mine. 
I thought we would get it out of our system and move on. 

One of us did. 
One of us left. 

Now he’s back, looking at me like he wants to devour me. And all those feelings I’d turned into anger are brewing into something else, something that terrifies me. 
He broke my heart last time. 
This time he'll obliterate it.

This is a standalone.


The next book that I've actually already started is The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks. I don't generally read his books. I'm just more of a fan of the movies, but the trailer for this came out and I thought it looked extremely good and decided to pick of the mass market paperback edition, figuring if I didn't like it then I was only out $8 instead of $16. So, far it's really good and I hope to get a large chunk of this finished this weekend. Here's the synopsis and the Amazon link.


In the tradition of his beloved first novel, The Notebook, #1 New York Times bestselling author Nicholas Sparks returns with the remarkable story of two couples whose lives intersect in profound and surprising ways.



Ira Levinson is in trouble. Ninety-one years old and stranded and injured after a car crash, he struggles to retain consciousness until a blurry image materializes beside him: his beloved wife Ruth, who passed away nine years ago. Urging him to hang on, she forces him to remain alert by recounting the stories of their lifetime together - how they met, the precious paintings they collected together, the dark days of WWII and its effect on them and their families. Ira knows that Ruth can't possibly be in the car with him, but he clings to her words and his memories, reliving the sorrows and everyday joys that defined their marriage.


A few miles away, at a local bull-riding event, a Wake Forest College senior's life is about to change. Recovering from a recent break-up, Sophia Danko meets a young cowboy named Luke, who bears little resemblance to the privileged frat boys she has encountered at school. Through Luke, Sophia is introduced to a world in which the stakes of survival and success, ruin and reward -- even life and death - loom large in everyday life. As she and Luke fall in love, Sophia finds herself imagining a future far removed from her plans -- a future that Luke has the power to rewrite . . . if the secret he's keeping doesn't destroy it first.

Ira and Ruth. Sophia and Luke. Two couples who have little in common, and who are separated by years and experience. Yet their lives will converge with unexpected poignancy, reminding us all that even the most difficult decisions can yield extraordinary journeys: beyond despair, beyond death, to the farthest reaches of the human heart.




The final book I've decided to, finally finish is an ARC I received from Sourcebooks Fire via NetGalley awhile ago, called Some Kind of Normal by Juliana Stone. It's really good and it'll be released on May 5th. Here's the synopsis and the Amazon link if you would like to preorder!


What is Normal?



For Trevor normal was fast guitar licks, catching game-winning passes and partying all night. Until a car accident leaves Trevor with no band, no teammates and no chance of graduating. It's kinda hard to ace your finals when you've been in a coma. The last thing he needs is stuck-up Everly Jenkins as his new tutor—those beautiful blue eyes catching every last flaw.


For Everly normal was a perfect family around the dinner table, playing piano at Sunday service and sunning by the pool. Until she discovers her whole life is a lie. Now the perfect pastor's daughter is hiding a life-changing secret, one that is slowly tearing her family apart. And spending the summer with notorious flirt Trevor Lewis means her darkest secret could be exposed.


So, there you have it, the books I'm planning on reading this weekend. I know I won't finish them all, but I really hope to at least finish one, if not two! I hope you all have a nice and safe weekend. See you Monday with an all new post here on HEA...Book Blog! And Tuesday will be a post on a certain international, awarding winning, country turned pop star. What does she have to do with HEA...Book Blog? Come back to find out!

P.S. Leave a comment below with what you're reading this weekend! I'd love to know and maybe even get some suggestions for my never ending TBR List! :) :) 

If you are curious as to what other books I’ve read, or want to read head on over to my Pinterest page where you can see all of those amazing books! You can also friend me on GoodReads for even more book goodness, and like the HEA…Book Blog Facebook page to keep up to date on book teasers and other blog awesomeness. You can also find me on Tumblr, where I post other blog related items. Check it out!!

Until next time...

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget