Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tag Tuesday: Taylor Swift Book Tag

Huffington Post
For the next, I don't know how many, Tuesday's I'm going to post a Book Tag/Challenge of some sort. I love to watch these kinds of videos on Youtube/"Booktube" and hope that you guys enjoy!

This is the Taylor Swift Book Tag, where I answer questions that correspond with a T. Swift song! I got the questions here. I don't know about you, but I love Taylor Swift's music. Her new album, 1989, is my jam and I'm constantly listening to it! So this tag is perfect! Let's get started...

Question 1: "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" (pick a book or series that you were pretty sure you were in love with, but then wanted to break up with)

I'm going to throw it back to my early teen years, which in all actuality weren't that long ago (as I'm only 20 years old.), and answer The Pretty Little Liars Series by Sara Shepard. I LOVED these books. I read them one right after the other when the show first came out and some of my friends, too. Then once book like #8 finished, and you find out who 'A' is I thought it would be over. But, no. It was not. I read #9 and started #10, but the magic became a little lost on me and the series became very repetitive and I stopped reading them. I think the same thing has happened with the show, but I'm still chugging along and watching it. I just binged watched the last four episodes and think I may continue, we will have to see. 

Question 2: "Red" (pick a book with red on the cover)

I have to go with Where the Road Takes Me by my girl Jay McLean. This is a new release and has took Amazon by storm and was #1 on the Teen & Young Adult Contemporary Romance List, next to the likes of John Green (Fault in Our Stars) and Gayle Forman (Where She Went). I don't think there are enough words in the English language to describe how much a love this book! You all need to check it out and one-click that bitch immediately! 

Question 3: "The Best Day" (pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic)

I had to think hard on this question, but I ended up choosing The Clique Series by Lisi Harrison because I read that book series in middle school as well as I big group of friends in my Reading class. I owned them all and would lend them out to my friends and we would freak out when a new one was released. To be twelve again...


Question 4: "Love Story" (pick a book with a forbidden love)

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. This particular forbidden love, is a brother/sister incestuous romance. It sounds gross and disgusting and you're probably thinking, "Emma, how could you like a book about something so vile and just plain ew?" Well, to answer this question I would say that I didn't "like" this book, I fucking loved it. Once you look past the fact that they're related and just look at like a love between to people then it wasn't that gross. It was a emotional and all out amazing book that had me in absolute tears by the end. Check it out, and don't go in looking at like a gross thing, just go in with an open mind and I promise, you'll love it! 

Question 5: "I Knew You Were Trouble" (pick a book with a bad character that you couldn't help but love)

This was a hard one because I don't generally like the bad characters, so I'm going to go with one that I tolerated. And that is Leah from Dirty Red (Love Me With Lies #2) by Tarryn Fisher. I didn't love Leah, nor did I particularly like her at times, but the way Tarryn Fisher wrote her character made you full understand Leah and it made me find some of the bad things she did not so bad. I don't know, I still don't like her that much, but she's the best one I could think of! Haha. :)

Question 6: "Innocent" (pick a book that someone ruined the ending of)

I don't really have anyone that I talk to about books, or at least books that I read, so the only person that can spoil book endings is myself, and I've done that a time or two, or three... There are times when I just can't wait to finish the book, so I flip to the end and read a little bit that I shouldn't. I usually still finish the book, but there is one in particular that I didn't finish and I will NEVER finish because it is just too sad, and that is Emi: Lost and Found by Lori Otto. I was shocked when I read the ending and couldn't get myself to read that. I won't talk about anymore, but just know that you should bring some tissues. 

Question 7: "Everything Has Changed" (pick a character from a book who goes through extensive character development)

This one took me a minute to choose. I ultimately decided to agree with Books Cleverness (where I got the questions from) and go with Belly from The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy by Jenny Han. I thought Belly matured a great deal throughout these three books. Of course, that's probably because she starts the series out at like sixteen (?) and my the end is in her late teens, early twenties. However, Belly does go through the character development and she chooses the brother I had wanted her to choose all along!! Woohoo! :) :)

Question 8: "You Belong With Me" (pick your most anticipated book)

I have to pick ONE?! I can't, there's just too many, so I've narrowed it down to three and they goes as follows: Confess (Colleen Hoover), 99 Days (Katie Cotugno), & Anything that Jay McLean releases this year. Whether that be Combative, More than Enough, or whatever. She writes, I read.


Question 9: "Forever & Always" (pick your favorite book couple)

Again, I can't pick just one, so here's a list of five book couples that I absolutely adore!!
1. Lucy and Cameron - More than Forever by Jay McLean
2. Logan & Amanda - More than Her & More than Him by Jay McLean
3. Daniel & Six - Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover
4. Alexander & Tatiana - The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simmons
5. Isla & Josh - Isla & The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

Question 10: "Come Back, Be Here" (pick the book you would least like to lend out, for fear of missing it too much)

I don't really have any books that I would be fearful lend out. This is mainly because I don't have anyone to lend books out to except like one and I trust her to not ruin my books. Also, I'm not going to lend my books out to anyone unless I'm sure that I'll get the books back in the exact condition that I gave them it. I've had this happen to me and the person swore that they didn't do that I gave them it that way. (I'm talking the binding was getting ready to fall off.) And I don't treat my books like that because books are something that I treasure and it bothers me when they get worn down. So, to prevent that I treat them like they're my child. LOL! Anyway, I don't generally lend books out, except to people I trust.

Question 11: "Teardrops On My Guitar" (pick a book that made you cry a lot)

I cry at any book. It doesn't matter if it's a happy moment, or a sad moment, or whatever. I have a lot of empathy for people (fictional and nonfictional) and I get emotional when good and bad things happen to them. I did cry a lot while reading TFIOS, I mean who didn't, but I;m not going to go with that, I'm actually going to choose Collision Course by S.C. Stephens. This book had me crying like literally once or twice a chapter. It was insane and I loved every minute of it. CC is such an emotional books that takes you on this journey of loss and finding a way to live your life after. It's a story about self acceptance, self respect, and learning that you can't change the past. That the only thing you can do is live with the consequences and make the best of the short life you have. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend this book and as of (02.15.15) it was only 99¢ on Kindle! Click here to get your Amazon copy!

Question 12: "Shake it Off" (pick a book that you love so much, you just shake off the haters)

Hmmmm, this is a hard one. I can think of only one series that I still to this day love, but a lot of others don't. And that's Twilight. I know, I know. I bet you don't like the books because you hate the movies, but stop right there! The books and the movies are two completely different things. I believe that you can't compare a book to its movie because things change from one to the other. There's just no way that they can keep everything in the movie, that's in the book. There are things that just couldn't work out cinematically, that work out in a book. You can write anything, but you can't film everything. That being said, I don't love the movies, but I really do love Twilight, the books. Stephanie Meyer didn't write a cliché vampire romance. She wrote the vampire romance. The one that really started all the other ones. So, please keep that in mind. Thank you! :) :)




If you are curious as to what other books I’ve read, or want to read head on over to my Pinterest page where you can see all of those amazing books! You can also friend me on GoodReads for even more book goodness, and like the HEA…Book Blog Facebook page to keep up to date on book teasers and other blog awesomeness. You can also find me on Tumblr, where I post other blog related items. Check it out!!

Until next time...

Happy Reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget