Friday, February 20, 2015

What I'm Reading This Weekend (02.21-22.15)


It's that time of the week again! TGIF, woohoo!! As I do work on the weekends, I won't be able to read as much as I would like to. But, that doesn't mean I won't read at all. I'm keeping my goal pretty simple this weekend and only wanting to start one of the books from my book haul posted on Wednesday and put some dents, not finish, some of the other books that I've been reading. I like to read multiple books at a time because it gives me options, so if I'm getting tired of a story, then I have something else to read. Then eventually, I'll be able to go back to the previous book with fresher eyes and I'm more likely to finish it. I seem to not be able to get Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven out of my head, so I'm planning on reading that and I hope to also put a dent in Some Kind of Normal by Juliana Stone. This is a review book that I received form NetGalley and is available for preorder now! I would also like to continue Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler because I've been reading it for while and I only have about 45% left to read! (Click on the book cover to visit its Amazon page for Bad Romeo and Some Kind of Normal.)


Bad Romeo

When Cassie Taylor met Ethan Holt at acting school, sparks flew. She was the good girl actress. He was the bad boy about campus. But one fated casting choice for Romeo and Juliet changed it all. Like the characters they were playing, Cassie and Ethan's romance seemed destined. Until he broke her heart and betrayed her trust. Now the A-list heartthrob is back in her life and turning her world around. One touch at a time. 

Cast as romantic leads once again, they're forced to confront raw memories of the heartbreaking lows and pulse-pounding highs of their secret college affair. But they'll also discover that people who rub each other the wrong way often make the best sparks

Some King of Normal

What is Normal?

For Trevor normal was fast guitar licks, catching game-winning passes and partying all night. Until a car accident leaves Trevor with no band, no teammates and no chance of graduating. It's kinda hard to ace your finals when you've been in a coma. The last thing he needs is stuck-up Everly Jenkins as his new tutor—those beautiful blue eyes catching every last flaw.

For Everly normal was a perfect family around the dinner table, playing piano at Sunday service and sunning by the pool. Until she discovers her whole life is a lie. Now the perfect pastor's daughter is hiding a life-changing secret, one that is slowly tearing her family apart. And spending the summer with notorious flirt Trevor Lewis means her darkest secret could be exposed.

Bittersweet

Once upon a time, Hudson knew exactly what her future looked like. Then a betrayal changed her life, and knocked her dreams to the ground. Now she’s a girl who doesn’t believe in second chances... a girl who stays under the radar by baking cupcakes at her mom’s diner and obsessing over what might have been.

So when things start looking up and she has another shot at her dreams, Hudson is equal parts hopeful and terrified. Of course, this is also the moment a cute, sweet guy walks into her life... and starts serving up some seriously mixed signals. She’s got a lot on her plate, and for a girl who’s been burned before, risking it all is easier said than done.

It’s time for Hudson to ask herself what she really wants, and how much she’s willing to sacrifice to get it. Because in a place where opportunities are fleeting, she knows this chance may very well be her last...


What are you reading this weekend? Leave a comment below!

If you are curious as to what other books I’ve read, or want to read head on over to my Pinterest page where you can see all of those amazing books! You can also friend me on GoodReads for even more book goodness, and like the HEA…Book Blog Facebook page to keep up to date on book teasers and other blog awesomeness. You can also find me on Tumblr, where I post other blog related items. Check it out!!


Until next time...

Have an "unexpectedly phenomenal" weekend and happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget