Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Monthly Wrap-Up: March 2015 (feat. Mia Storm, Colleen Hoover and more!)

So, I was in a bit of a reading slump this month. I started a new job and wasn't able to dedicate as much time to reading as I usually do. Which is sad, but also a good thing. Because with a new job comes more money and money means I can buy more books! Haha. And trust me, there's quite a few worth buying coming next month, so I'll have a my hands full with those great reads. If you're interested in knowing some upcoming releases that I'm excited for, then you can hover over Bookshelf in the menu and then click on "Upcoming Releases" in the drop down menu. 

Let's hop right in to the books that I read in March!


1. Getting Dirty by Mia Storm. I read this book as an ARC and started it as soon as it downloaded on my kindle app. I then proceeded to read half of it that night and then woke up the next morning and finished it. I have a review for the book and you can find it here. Just know that it is amazing and you need to read it ASAP!! 

2. Happenstance 3 by Jamie McGuire. This was the third and final installment in the Happenstance Novella Trilogy by Jamie McGuire and I absolutely loved it! I thought it was a great ending to, two amazing first installments. I've only read Jamie's Beautiful Series (Beautiful Disaster, Walking Disaster, & A Beautiful Wedding) and her Maddox Brothers Series (Beautiful Oblivion & Beautiful Redemption) and I've loved all of those books, but I really enjoyed this series. I felt like the characters were a little more relatable than the others. I will definitely have to buy a paperback copy of the bind up when/if it becomes available! 



3. Watch Me by Lauren Barnholdt. This book has been on my TBR FOREVER! I'm so glad that I finally put a small dent in my TBR jar and finally got to check another book off my TBR List! I didn't love this book, but I did enjoy myself while reading it. I haven't loved one of Barnholdt's books since I read Sometimes It Happens and Two Way Street. There's just something about her books that I find annoying. It may be that the characters are written for a younger audience. And as I am 20 years old, I can't resinate with the characters as well. Overall, I didn't hate the book and I did give a three star rating on Goodreads. 

4. Confess by Colleen Hoover. I FINALLY GOT TO READ CONFESS!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I've been waiting for this book forever and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I love CoHo's books. However, I didn't like this one as much as her other ones, that being said I still did really enjoy it and cried like a baby throughout. I think when I eventually reread this book I will love it even more. I think my problem was that I was trying to read it too fast. I wanted to find out what happened and how it was going to end and I missed out actually enjoying the book. So, I will definitely reread it because I reread all of Colleen's books at least twice. :) 

5. Adam (Torn #5.5) by K.A. Robinson. This was a companion novel to Tamed, which is the fifth book in the Torn Series. I really liked being able to see Amber and Adam's relationship from his perspective and read this book fairly quickly. I need to read more K.A. Robinson because I've enjoyed all of the books by her that I've read. 

Well, that's all I was able to read in March. I am currently reading a book called, Love Surfaced by Michelle Lynn and I'm really enjoying it. I'm about half way through and hope to finish it either tonight or tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget