Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tag Tuesday: Reader Problems Tag

It's time for another "Tag Tuesday". I hope you are all enjoying these and if you're new to "Tag Tuesday" here's the link all of them: http://heabookblog13.blogspot.com/p/tag-tuesdays. As always, I got the questions here. Without further ado, let's hop right in...

Question 1: You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?

Wow, that's a lot of books! I would probably head over to Goodreads and then pick a random number and whatever book was listed under that number would be the next one I would read. OR I would have "x" number of TBR Jars and then pull one out of there. Honestly, if there were 20,000 books I would probably pass out form the shear amount of books to choose from. 
That takes the saying, "So many books, so little time." to a whole other level. 


Question 2: You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. 
Do you quit or are you committed?

I will quit books if I'm not loving them. I cannot make myself read a book if I don't like it. 
Exhibit A: The Mortal Instruments (City of Glass) by Cassandra Clare. I really want to read this book, but I just can't get myself to pick it up. SOMEDAY!!!


Question 3: The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?

I don't stress too much over my GoodReads challenge, if I won't make it, then I won't make it!


Question 4: The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?

I'm tweaking this one a smidge.  I quietly stew about it and internally hate my bookshelf. For example, I will not buy a physical copy of Landlines by Rainbow Rowell, specifically because it's taller than E&P and FG. There are exceptions to this rule, I will buy any Jay McLean book published. Her More Series is being republished this year and the fifth book will be a different size than the other ones, but I will buy it anyway. I'll be internally annoyed by it for the rest of time, but I can't justify 
re-buying them. Even though it would make me feel better inside. : |

Question 5: Everyone and their mother love a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?

I would probably talk to myself about it. Don't judge me, you do it too. I would think of all the reasons I didn't like and write them down or something, or maybe, possibly post them hear. Depends how much I didn't like the book. I would never bash a book that I really despise because that's disrespectful to the author. However, if I just had some issues with it, or thought it wasn't my cup of tea, I might post about it here. 

Question 6: You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?

I cry at everything! It doesn't matter if it's happy, sad, angry, whatever. I will cry! I've been in this situation before, obviously, so I put the book away. If it's a really good part, I'll try to power through it and discreetly hide my tears. 

Question 7: A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?!

I've never really had this problem, except for once. I could not remember for the life of me how the first book ended in Love in Between by Sandi Lynn, so when the 2nd book came out I tried to read it, but have yet to finish. I'll eventually have to reread the ending of the first book, but I'm too lazy to do that at the moment. Haha! :) Overall, I would probably reread the synopsis of book #1, or reread the ending of said book. 

Question 8: You do not want anyone. ANYONE. Borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?

I've only been burned once by someone who borrowed a book, and I don't usually let anyone else borrow them except for family and one co-worker that I have. Plus, no one usually asks me to borrow a book anyway, so there's that. ;)

Question 9: Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?

I re-read a More Than book by Jay McLean and it reminds me why I love reading so much and gets me in the mood to read something new!!


Question 10: There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?

Unfortunately, probably all of them. :/ That's why I like ebooks, they're cheaper!!


Question 11: After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
 
Awhile.

That was really fun! I tag all of you to leave answers down below in the comments section!!


If you are curious as to what other books I’ve read, or want to read head on over to my Pinterest page where you can see all of those amazing books! You can also friend me on GoodReads for even more book goodness, and like the HEA…Book Blog Facebook page to keep up to date on book teasers and other blog awesomeness. You can also find me on Tumblr, where I post other blog related items. Check it out!!

Until next time...

Have an "unexpectedly phenomenal" day and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget