Thursday, April 2, 2015

Book Review: Choose Me (Archer's Brothers #2) by Heidi McLaughlin

We finally have the long awaited sequel to Here With Me by Heidi McLaughlin, Choose Me! I preordered an ebook copy off of Amazon, so that I would be able to start it right at midnight on April 1st. I read about 30% of it that night and then finished it the next day. It was an amazing read and I can't wait for the third installment, which I hope is released sometime this year! 

PS - There will be a SPOILER REVIEW at the end of the post. I wouldn't suggest reading that until after reading the book. There's a HUGE twist at the end that you definitely don't want to be spoiled on! So, once you've read the book come back and read my thoughts on that crazy ending!!


Two brothers. 
One woman. 
One son. 
One choice. 

Lives ripped apart, shattered and rebuilt. 

Evan and Nate Archer: Brothers, best friends, warriors and now enemies. Both in love with the same woman. Both determined to fight for what they want. 

Nate Archer promised to protect Ryley Clarke in the event Evan didn’t make it back. It’s a promise between brothers since the early days of basic training. Nate never considered that his feelings, long buried since high school, would resurface and grow stronger. 

Evan Archer wants answers. He wants someone to pay. After being gone for an unprecedented amount of time, nothing is making sense now that he’s home. Most of all, he can't understand how his brother ended up engaged to his fiancĂ©e. Evan is determined to uncover the mystery, and win back his family. 

The Archers are about to fight dirty.

When I finished Here With Me, I wanted the next book right then and there. That ending was ridiculous and I needed to know what was going to happen. Before I continue, I would highly suggest if you haven't read the first book, to definitely read it because otherwise you're going to be super spoiled! It's not only one of my favorite Heidi books, but it's also one of the most unique and different storylines that I've ever read. Here's the link to my Here With Me review if you're curious. 

Just know that I absolutely loved this book and would highly suggest this series. It's so unique and different. It's your typical new adult/adult romance, but with a major twist. I love Heidi's writing and can't wait to read more of her, without a doubt going to be amazing, upcoming work!

Here With Me (Archer Brothers #1) 
(PS - you can get this for only 99 pennies!)




Choose Me (Archer Brothers #2)





There are spoilers ahead, proceed with caution!

Okay, let's hop right in to everything I loved about this book! First off, we finally get some information on what and why everything happened. We also get to meet Nate, like really meet and get to know him. I will say that I found myself liking Nate more and more as the book went on and I was totally on Team Evan when I started the book. Although, by 50% of the way through, I found myself questioning my alliance to Team Evan. Nate was just so sweet and he really cared about Ryley and EJ. I was glad that Heidi made sure that we understood that Nate and Ryley's relationship wasn't some immediate thing. They didn't act on anything until quite a few years after Evan's "death". Speaking of Evan, as much as I loved him in the first book, I didn't like him as much in Choose Me. I didn't hate him, or dislike him, but I just found myself gravitating towards Nate. That being said, I still wanted Evan and Ryley to end up together. I'm all about high school sweethearts being together forever or reconnecting after years apart. It makes me all giddy and happy inside and I think it makes a book even better. Of course, when Evan and Ryley ended up together, that left Nate all alone. Enter Cara Hughes, Nate's ex-girlfriend/FBI agent. We didn't meet Cara until about half or so into the book, but I really liked her and was happy with the outcome of her and Nate's relationship. I will say that I found it very convenient that she showed up and all of a sudden Ryley and Nate were no longer together. However, I feel like to get the story wrapped up, something needed to happen to either get Nate and Ryley together or apart. 

Now, the ending to this book. HOLY MOLY BATMAN!! I never suspected someone close to the Archer's and Ryley would have been the culprit, but for Frannie (one of Ryley's best friends) to be one of the masterminds behind this whole scheme blew me away. I did suspect something was up when River told Evan that Frannie hadn't really seemed to move on in the six years that he was "dead". I mean come on, she had a cold six pack in the fridge, that was fresh. His shoes were still by the door. It was like he never left. 

Overall, I ABOSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK!! I cannot wait until the third book which is going to be about one of the secondary characters, Tucker McCoy, as he searches for his family after returning from the jungle after six years of being "dead". He has absolutely no clue where his family went, and there isn't a paper trail to follow either. Save Me is coming soon!! Here's the synopsis at the end of Choose Me:

My name is Tucker McCoy 
Six years ago I went on a mission 
And when I returned my family was gone 
Now that the truth is out there I need to find my wife and daughter 
In hopes that they can SAVE ME.


No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget