Thursday, April 9, 2015

Bookaholic's Not-So-Anonymous #3 (feat. Anna Todd, Colleen Hoover, & MORE!)

How are you guys today? Me? I'm peachy. I'm currently at work as you're reading this, so that sucks, but today (04/08) was a pretty good day. I had the day off and went to the drivers services place and got my stupid license plate sticker, that cost me $101. I was a little depressed after that, so to give myself a pick-me-up I went to the bookstore afterwards. That's right, I bought more books, and I've barely touched the ones from the last book haul. Don't judge me, Pam. Yes, that's right Pam! I just called you out! (I don't know if there really is a Pam who reads my blog, but if there is... Hey Pam! I didn't mean to just call you out. Okay, I did, but...) Anyway, let's talk about the fact that I spend way too much money at Books-A-Million. I finally got the Millionaire's Card a couple months back, so at least I save 10% off each book I buy. That's a plus. I've pretty much saved the $25 that the card costs, so I've got that going for me. This is a collective haul from March and the beginning of April 2015. Without anymore rambling, let's dig in...
(PS - You can click on the book titles to purchase them on Amazon)


1. After Ever Happy by Anna Todd. This is the final installment in the After Series, which is a Harry Styles fan fiction turned USA Today bestselling series. I enjoyed the first three books and needed to know how it was all going to end. I still haven't finished it. I think I'm scared. I've read the first few chapters, but I don't want it to end. So, I think it may take me awhile to read it. I have to really prepare myself for it. Then I'll be able to dive back in.

It’s never been all rainbows and sunshine for Tessa and Hardin, but each new challenge they’ve faced has only made their passionate bond stronger and stronger. But when a revelation about the past shakes Hardin’s inpenetrable façade to the core—and then Tessa suffers a tragedy—will they stick together again, or be torn apart?


As the shocking truth about each of their families emerges, it’s clear the two lovers are not so different from each other. Tessa is no longer the sweet, simple, good girl she was when she met Hardin—any more than he is the cruel, moody boy she fell so hard for. Tessa understands all the troubling emotions brewing beneath Hardin’s exterior, and she knows she’s the only one who can calm him when he erupts. He needs her. 

But the more layers of his past come to light, the darker he grows, and the harder he pushes Tessa—and everyone else in his life—away. Tessa’s not sure if she really can save him—not without sacrificing herself. She refuses to go down without a fight. But who is she fighting for—Hardin or herself?


2. Confess by Colleen Hoover. Um, hello. It's CoHo. Of course I bought it. I've devoured it and have to do it again soon because I feel like I missed something. I feel like I read it too fast and I need to go back and really pay attention to it. I was so excited for it, that I just wanted to read it and start skimming and not fully absorbing it. So, once I have the time I will reread it and tell you my true thoughts and feels.  


Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.

For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover Owen is keeping major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.

The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin


3. Sweet Thing by Renée Carlino. This is a re-buy for me. I own the ebook, but I really want to own the physical copies of RC's books, so I'm slowly getting them. I own After the Rain, but not Nowhere But Here and Sweet Little Thing. She has a new book Before We Were Strangers that comes out later this year and I'm super excited about it! I highly recommend RC's books, she's an amazing author for new adult and adult readers!  


"You have to teach your heart and mind how to sing together…then you'll hear the sound of your soul."


Mia Kelly thinks she has it all figured out. She's an Ivy League graduate, a classically trained pianist, and the beloved daughter of a sensible mother and offbeat father. Yet Mia has been stalling since graduation, torn between putting her business degree to use and exploring music, her true love.

When her father unexpectedly dies, she decides to pick up the threads of his life while she figures out her own. Uprooting herself from Ann Arbor to New York City, Mia takes over her father's café, a treasured neighborhood institution that plays host to undiscovered musicians and artists. She's denied herself the thrilling and unpredictable life of a musician, but a chance encounter with Will, a sweet, gorgeous, and charming guitarist, offers her a glimpse of what could be. When Will becomes her friend and then her roommate, she does everything in her power to suppress her passions-for him, for music-but her father's legacy slowly opens her heart to the possibility of something more.

A "heartbreaking and romantic" (Aestas Book Blog) debut, Sweet Thing explores the intensity and complexities of first love and self-discovery.




4. Where Sea Meets Sky by Karina Halle. I was apart of the blog tour for WSMS and wasn't able to get my hands on an ARC, so I went out and bought this puppy at BAM! after work one day. I'm about 20% or so into it and absolutely loving it, but as I mentioned in yesterday's post I have a lot of review books that I need to finish, so this has been put on the back burner for now. 


Joshua Miles has spent his early twenties spinning his wheels. Working dead-end jobs and living at home has left him exhausted and uninspired, with little energy to pursue his passion for graphic art. Until he meets Gemma Henare, a vivacious out-of-towner from New Zealand. What begins as a one-night stand soon becomes a turning point for Josh. He can't get Gemma out of his head, even after she has left for home, and finds himself throwing caution to the wind for the first time in his life.

It's not long before Josh is headed to New Zealand with only a backpack, some cash, and Gemma's name to go on. But when he finally tracks her down, he finds his adventure is only just beginning. Equally infatuated, Gemma leads him on a whirlwind tour across the beautiful country, opening Josh up to life, lust, love, and all the messy heartache in between. Because, when love drags you somewhere, it might never let go even when you know you have to say goodbye.



5. Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins. This is the second installment in the Rebel Belle Series. I saw this at BAM! during my lunch break one day and had a moment in the middle of the aisle. No one was around, so I didn't embarrass myself too much. I had totally forgot about this book and am really excited to continue on with the series. It's a YA paranormal, which is totally out my comfort zone, but I really enjoyed the first book and hopefully I will love this one just as much! 

Life is almost back to normal for Harper Price. The Ephors have been silent after their deadly attack at Cotillion months ago, and best friend Bee has returned after a mysterious disappearance. Now Harper can return her focus to the important things in life: school, canoodling with David, her nemesis-turned-ward-slash-boyfie, and even competing in the Miss Pine Grove pageant.



Unfortunately, supernatural chores are never done. The Ephors have decided they’d rather train David than kill him. The catch: Harper has to come along for the ride, but she can’t stay David’s Paladin unless she undergoes an ancient trial that will either kill her . . . or connect her to David for life.


6. Faking it by Cora Carmack. This is book two in the Losing It Series, which I read awhile back and have been wanting to pick up the other books. I think it will be a quick read that will be perfect in between heavier books. I've for a few of those that I want to read, so I'll probably squeeze this one in between. 

Mackenzie “Max” Miller has a problem. Her parents have arrived in town for a surprise visit, and if they see her dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings, they just might disown her. Even worse, they’re expecting to meet a nice, wholesome boyfriend, not a guy named Mace who has a neck tattoo and plays in a band. All her lies are about to come crashing down around her, but then she meets Cade.


Cade moved to Philadelphia to act and to leave his problems behind in Texas. So far though, he’s kept the problems and had very little opportunity to take the stage. When Max approaches him in a coffee shop with a crazy request to pretend to be her boyfriend, he agrees to play the part. But when Cade plays the role a little too well, they’re forced to keep the ruse going. And the more they fake the relationship, the more real it begins to feel.



7. The Start of Me & You by Emery Lord. I really liked Open Road Summer, and thought that this book sounded amazing. I had it marked on my calendar and everything. I picked it up today, as well as Faking It, and will definitely be reading this ASAP!! 
Brimming with heartfelt relationships and authentic high-school dynamics. The Start of Me and You proves that it’s never too late for second chances.

It’s been a year since it happened—when Paige Hancock’s first boyfriend died in an accident. After shutting out the world for two years, Paige is finally ready for a second chance at high school . . . and she has a plan. First: Get her old crush, Ryan Chase, to date her—the perfect way to convince everyone she’s back to normal. Next: Join a club—simple, it’s high school after all. But when Ryan’s sweet, nerdy cousin, Max, moves to town and recruits Paige for the Quiz Bowl team (of all things!) her perfect plan is thrown for a serious loop. Will Paige be able to face her fears and finally open herself up to the life she was meant to live?

8. Broken Juliet by Leisa Rayven. This is a preorder that I decided to get, mainly because I LOVED the first book, Bad Romeo. I'm obsessed with the writing and the characters. Like I literally cannot begin to explain to you how excited I am for this book. It is supposed to be in around the release day, which is April 28th, but I seriously hope they call me sooner and tell me that it's at the store waiting for me to being it home!! Here's a link to my review for Bad Romeo and here's the link for the Amazon page for book one, as well. Click Here

How do you fix a love that’s been broken beyond repair?

For years, Cassie Taylor tried to forget about Ethan Holt. He was the one great love of her life, and when he failed to return her love, a part of her died forever. Or so she thought. Now she and Ethan are sharing a Broadway stage, and he’s determined to win her back. Claiming to be a changed man, he’s finally able to say all the things she needed to hear years ago, but can she believe him? What makes this time different from all his other broken promises?

Ethan knows he can’t change their tumultuous past, but if he’s going to have any chance of being with the woman he loves, he’ll need to convince Cassie that her future belongs with him. 

Don’t miss this stunning conclusion to the unforgettable love story that captivated over two million fans online.

Well, that's all for now. I should be posting reviews for some 
books within the next few days, so stay tuned!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget