Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Monthly Wrap-Up: April 2015 (feat. Carey Heywood, Katie Cotugno, Heidi McLaughlin + MORE!!)

Another month has come and gone, so that means I have some good books to share with all of you!! This month I've read a bit more than last. I've finally got into a rhythm with my new job and reading so that's good! I didn't read has much has I normally do, but it was definitely more than I thought I would. There were some great books released this month and I can't wait to see what May will bring! I've got my eye on a couple and can't wait until they're in my greedily little hands!! :) ;) Let's hop right in!

1. Choose Me by Heidi McLaughlin. I have a review for this book, so for my full thoughts & feels click here. Overall, I really enjoyed this second installment in the Archer Brothers Series. This book isn't technically the final book in the series, but it is the final book about Evan, Nate, and Ryley. The third book is supposed to come out later this year, I believe, and I'm super excited about it. I love Heidi's writing and need more ASAP!!


Two brothers.
One woman.
One son.
One choice.
Lives ripped apart, shattered and rebuilt.
Evan and Nate Archer: Brothers, best friends, warriors and now enemies. Both in love with the same woman. Both determined to fight for what they want.
Nate Archer promised to protect Ryley Clarke in the event Evan didn’t make it back. It’s a promise between brothers since the early days of basic training. Nate never considered that his feelings, long buried since high school, would resurface and grow stronger.
Evan Archer wants answers. He wants someone to pay. After being gone for an unprecedented amount of time, nothing is making sense now that he’s home. Most of all, he can't understand how his brother ended up engaged to his fiancĂ©e. Evan is determined to uncover the mystery, and win back his family. 
The Archers are about to fight dirty.


2. The Queen of Bright & Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre. I also have a review for this book, but again I really enjoyed it. This is a YA Contemporary, and I don't read a lot of YA books in general that I really really enjoy, but this one took the cake! 

Sage Czinski is trying really hard to be perfect. If she manages it, people won’t peer beyond the surface, or ask hard questions about her past. She’s learned to substitute causes for relationships, and it’s working just fine… until Shane Cavendish strolls into her math class. He’s a little antisocial, a lot beautiful, and everything she never knew she always wanted.

Shane Cavendish just wants to be left alone to play guitar and work on his music. He’s got heartbreak and loneliness in his rearview mirror, and this new school represents his last chance. He doesn’t expect to be happy; he only wants to graduate and move on. He never counted on a girl like Sage.

But love doesn’t mend all broken things, and sometimes life has to fall apart before it can be put back together again…


3. Beautiful Secret by Christina Lauren. I was so excited for this book!!! I found it at Book-A-Million a few days early and pretty much devoured this lovely thing in like two and half days. I think it may even be my favorite Beautiful Bastard book yet! I can't wait for more CLo, but alas we have to wait until like September or some really faraway and stupid month. Gosh! :) :) 

AN UPTIGHT BRITISH EXECUTIVE. AN ADVENTUROUS AMERICAN NEWBIE. A SEXY INTERNATIONAL SCANDAL IN THE MAKING.

New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling author Christina Lauren’s Beautiful and Wild Seasons series hook up in Beautiful Secretfor an erotic intercontinental romp that celebrates the best of both worlds!

When Ruby Miller’s boss announces he’s sending her on an extended business trip to New York City, she’s shocked. As one of the best and brightest young engineers in London, she knows she’s professionally up to the task. The part that’s throwing her is where she’ll be spending a month up close and personal working alongside—and staying in a hotel with—Niall Stella, her firm’s top urban planning executive and The Hottest Man Alive. Despite her ongoing crush, Ruby is certain Niall barely knows she’s alive…until their flirty overnight flight makes him sit up and take notice.

Not one for letting loose and breaking rules, recently divorced Niall would describe himself as hopeless when it comes to women. But even he knows outgoing California-girl Ruby is a breath of fresh air. Once she makes it her mission to help the sexy Brit loosen his tie, there’s no turning back. Thousands of miles from London, it’s easy for the lovers to play pretend. But when the trip is over, will the relationship they’ve built up fall down?


4. Until July by Aurora Rose Reynolds. And again, my review is here. I thought that this book was good, but I still like the original Until Series more! I gave this book a three point five rating! :) 



Wes Silver wasn’t looking for love, but when July Mayson literally knocks him on his ass during their first encounter, his world is turned upside down by the quirky blonde, and every moment with her makes him more determined to protect her. 
July Mayson doesn’t understand the pull she feels toward the bad boy biker Wes Silver, but she knows being with him is like nothing she’s ever felt before. Now all she has to do is tell her overprotective father, Asher Mayson, that she’s found her boom.


5. Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I picked this book up on a whim and am so glad I did. It's a YA mystery and completely out of my reading comfort zone. It was such a rush and I loved it so much. I plan to read more of JLA's books. I have yet to read Stay With Me, which she wrote under her pseudonym J. Lynn. If you're looking for a book that keeps you on your toes and also keeps you guessing until the final fifty pages, then I highly highly recommend this book. It was a great read and I gave it four point five stars on Goodreads. 


Samantha is a stranger in her own life. Until the night she disappeared with her best friend, Cassie, everyone said Sam had it all-popularity, wealth, and a dream boyfriend. 

Sam has resurfaced, but she has no recollection of who she was or what happened to her that night. As she tries to piece together her life from before, she realizes it's one she no longer wants any part of. The old Sam took "mean girl" to a whole new level, and it's clear she and Cassie were more like best enemies. Sam is pretty sure that losing her memories is like winning the lottery. She's getting a second chance at being a better daughter, sister, and friend, and she's falling hard for Carson Ortiz, a boy who has always looked out for her-even if the old Sam treated him like trash. 

But Cassie is still missing, and the facts about what happened to her that night isn't just buried deep inside of Sam's memory-someone else knows, someone who wants to make sure Sam stays quiet. All Sam wants is the truth, and if she can unlock her clouded memories of that fateful night, she can finally move on. But what if not remembering is the only thing keeping Sam alive?


6. Diamonds by KA Linde. Again, this was a book that I picked up on a whim. I've read many of KA's books, but I wasn't sure I wanted to read this one. However, with this only being 99¢ I decided to just go for it. I thought it was good, but I'm not sure it's my favorite of her's. I'll give the next book a try, but I'm not sure it's a book that I'm going to go and preorder any time soon. I'll just see how I feel when it comes out. That being said, if you like more adult erotic romances, then this might be your cup of tea. The ending was a little shocking, and it definitely ends on a cliffy. FYI.

Bryna feels his eyes on her.

Hot, seductive, enticing.

He’s at least ten years older than her seventeen years, and he knows exactly what he’s doing to her with that look.

Walking away would be the smart thing to do…

But she can’t. Not that first night when he takes her home and claims her body. Not when he shows up in her life again with expensive gifts to win her trust. Not even when she’s falling for him, and everything else is falling apart…

Find out how Bryna goes from golden girl to gold digger in this tantalizingly scandalous first book in the USA Today bestselling author K.A. Linde’s All That Glitters series.

7. 99 Days by Katie Cotugno. I had preordered this bad boy a couple weeks back and I read it within three days of it arriving at my house. I was sooo excited about this book. I had it hyped up in my head so much and I think that that is why ultimately I didn't love it as much I had hoped. I thought the book was going to go one way, and it actually went the complete opposite. I loved Cotugno's first book How to Love and I have a review of it, so if you'd like to read it click here. I thought it was an amazing read, but 99 Days wasn't as good. That being said, I still gave it a four star rating. Even though it didn't go like I had hoped I still thought it was good. I just didn't love it as much as I thought I was going to. I think what really made it lose that final 5th star was that the relationships between the three main characters were a little unbelievable and I didn't really like the ending. It wasn't a bad ending, but I like endings that give you definite endings. Everything is wrapped up in a nice little bow and you know how everything is going to play out after the final sentence. There's no questions. 99 Days, had lots of questions at the end, which I was not a fan of. I think what really made me give this book four stars was the writing. Katie Cotugno can really write a book. The words she wrote really made me see the main character, Molly Barlow, exactly as she was. She was a character that I could understand and I really liked her by the end, even I didn't agree with some of her choices throughout the book. Overall, I think this book is one that people should check out. 


Day 1: Julia Donnelly eggs my house my first night back in Star Lake, and that’s how I know everyone still remembers everything—how I destroyed my relationship with Patrick the night everything happened with his brother, Gabe. How I wrecked their whole family. Now I’m serving out my summer like a jail sentence: Just ninety-nine days till I can leave for college, and be done.

Day 4: A nasty note on my windshield makes it clear Julia isn’t finished. I’m expecting a fight when someone taps me on the shoulder, but it’s just Gabe, home from college and actually happy to see me. “For what it’s worth, Molly Barlow,” he says, “I’m really glad you’re back.”

Day 12: Gabe got me to come to this party, and I’m actually having fun. I think he’s about to kiss me—and that’s when I see Patrick. My Patrick, who’s supposed to be clear across the country. My Patrick, who’s never going to forgive me.


8. Them by Carey Heywood. I got an email about this book from Heywood's newsletter, and about flipped out because I was so excited. I had heard that she was going to write a third installment in the Him Series, but I had no clue that it was coming so soon! I read this book the night I got it and fell completely in love with not only the book, but the characters all over again. I forgot how much I liked Will and Sarah. How much I missed them, too. It was a great, I'm assuming, final installment to their story. It was great to read about how there lives had changed since they got together. I not only recommend this book, but you have to check out the first two books, as well. They are companion novels, but if I remember correctly they didn't feel like they were the same book. Yes, there were a lot of the same scenes from Will's POV, but being in his head felt different, you got another completely different side to the story and I remember liking Her more than Him. I gave this book an overall 4.5 stars! :) 


First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes… 

As Will and Sarah Price settle into being Mr. & Mrs., they meet a stumbling block neither of them anticipated. All of their friends are starting families of their own, but not them, and not for lack of trying. 

For them, their dreams of a happily-ever-after always included a baby. While Sarah struggles with the fear that her love isn’t enough, Will worries that she gave up too much for him. Neither knows what to expect when they’re not expecting. 

Together, they’ll learn that there is more than one way to build a family.


9. Ms. Conception by Jen Cumming. I will have a review up for this book on May 10th, so be sure to come back and find out all my thoughts and feels on this book!! :) :)


Abigail Nichols has tried everything from rash-inducing herbal creams to acupuncture in a desperate, last-ditch effort to get pregnant. Wedged into her iPhone schedule among new business pitches and rebranding design meetings is Abby’s ovulation cycle, along with potential opportunities for illicit afternoon quickies. With all of their hopes and savings on the table, Abby and her husband Jack enter the whispered world of fertility clinics. Along with a meddling mother-in-law, competitive pregnancies, and constant obligatory sex, Abby’s baby-track mind conspires to ravage her career, her marriage, and her sanity. One thing she knows for sure: a healthy sense of humor (and the occasional glass of red wine) is the best coping strategy. One thing she wishes she knew: whether it will be enough. Ms. Conception is an honest but light-hearted novel inspired by the ups and downs of fertility treatments and the emotional burden that rests on those trying to conceive.



    Adult Romance                         New Adult Romance
 
   




No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget