Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Favorite New Adult Authors

So, this post is along time coming. I've been meaning to post my favorite books for adult, new adult, and young adult novels about a month ago, but time got away from me and other posts took priority. However, now I have the time and an amazing list of my top reads in the new adult romance genre. You can see my young adult favorites here and my adult ones will be coming within the next  couple of week!s! Enjoy!! 

Anything by Colleen Hoover (Slammed, Point of Retreat, This Girl, Hopeless, Losing Hope, Finding Cinderella, Maybe Someday, Maybe Not, Ugly Love, & Confess). CoHo just has this way with words that make her books so superb. She was one of the first new adult authors that I read and I completely fell in love with her work! I think I read all of her books that were published at the time within two weeks of finding Hopeless. I originally found out about through a YouTuber known as "bookwormstalk with HANNAH" You can see her amazing review for Hopeless here and her YouTube Channel here! She does really great reviews and I found some great reads via her videos. But, back to Colleen. I think my favorite of her amazing books is Point of Retreat, which not many people say, but I just really liked being inside Will's head. I thought the storyline was really well thought out and it made perfect sense after Slammed, which you have to read before Point of Retreat. My next favorite is Finding Cinderella. I watched, or read (I'm not quite sure which) a review for this book awhile ago and I remember the person saying "It's like a full length novel in novella form." Which I totally agreed with. I never felt like anything was left out in this book, everything that was supposed to be there was. Now, would I have liked a longer story for Daniel and Six? Hell yes! But, you get what you get and you don'e complain. :) All in all, I think that you can't go wrong with a Colleen Hoover book and it would recommend starting with her books if you're just starting out with the new adult genre because her books are pretty mild when it comes to the more adult content. I would also recommend reading them in the the order that they were published because you get a chance to really see her work grow in it's quality. Even though, Slammed is amazing, her work just keeps getting better!




Bad Romeo and Broken Juliet by Leisa Rayven. I have reviews for both of these books, and if you've read them then you know just how much I love them. They're also great representations of new adult novels. I feel as though you get two novels in one when you read these books. This is because of the way they were written. We get the perspective of Cassie (the main female protagonist) before/during her relationship with the infamous Ethan Holt and her life after Ethan. It was masterfully done and I think Bad Romeo may be one of the best books that I've read this year! If you want to know more of my thoughts on both of these books then you can read my reviews for them, which can be found here! Read them, you won't be disappointed!  

 

- Jay McLean, you can't go wrong with Jay McLean. (More than This, More than Her, More than Him, More than Forever, Where the Road Takes Me, & Boy Toy Chronicles Vol. 1). If you've been reading my blog for awhile, then you know how much I love JMac. She is my favorite author and I read anything she writes. I was lucky enough to win an ARC of her book Boy Toy Chronicles Vol. 1 in a giveaway and I think it was the funniest new adult book that I've ever read! You may be wondering how I found Jay's books. Well, one late night I was sifting through GoodReads and found this book. It was titled More than This and the cover looked intriguing so I clicked. That one click started a chain reaction that pretty much lead me to where I am right now. (Currently I'm sitting in a Starbucks writing this blog post.) Once I read the first book, it was impossible for me to stop. If you've read the epilogue of MTT than you understand! :) Jay's writing is so captivating and just all together amazing. I have reviews for the More Series and Where the Road Takes Me, they can be found here!!
   
 

That's all I've for today, but if you have any recommendations than please feel free to comment below! I love getting suggestions for books to read and you can also message me on Facebook and Twitter, too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget