Friday, May 8, 2015

(Quick) Book Review: To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1) by Jenny Han

So, I read a book that has been on my TBR for A LONG ASS TIME! I was so happy and relieved to finally be able to say, "Oh, To All the Boy's I've Loved Before? I read that, and loved it!" I am so happy that I can finally say that, if someone (I don't know who...) asks me if I read this book!!



To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.

As I mentioned, I've had this book on my TBR for while. I only just bought it in March (I think) when I saw it in the bargain section at Books-A-Million. It was $4.97 for the hardback, so it was a no brainer. I wasn't sure when I was going to read it, but at least I had it! So, after finishing up Broken Juliet and then Landline (click here for a joint review of those two) I started reading my ARC of Under the Influence by L.B. Simmons. I wasn't really feeling a darker New Adult novel at the time though, which is what Under the Influence seems to be (BTW, a review will up in the next few days, I'm about 35% of the way through it and loving it!!) So, when I had the itch to read TATBILB, I figured why not scratch it. I had already read about forty pages or so, when it was first released and I read the sample on Amazon. So, I had a little bit of a head start and quickly found myself being sucked in to the pages of Jenny Han's unbelievable writing. I couldn't get enough of this cute and quirky YA contemporary. It was nothing like I thought it was going to be and I'm completely invested in the lives of Lara Jean and her family. I can't wait to read the second book, P.S. I Still Love You, and plan on going out to buy it as soon as I can! I've read Han's Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy and really enjoyed it, but I think I may like this new series more! It's so funny and cute and just plain awesome. It's kind of nice to read an innocent YA, every now and then and it makes me feel like I'm sixteen again and in high school. God, I miss when I was sixteen. Life was so much simpler. Of course, life isn't so simple for Lara Jean at the moment. Because her "love letters" that she wrote to all the boy's she's loved before, have been sent out and one just happens to end up int he hands of her older sister Margot's boyfriend/ex-bf Josh Sanderson. I don't want to give too much away, so just know that things go down and a deal is struck with an incredibly good-looking boy, who may or may not have an ulterior motive. I'm not sure, you'll have to read and find out! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget